Taking a collagen supplement has become a popular practice among people who want to improve their skin, hair, nails, and joints. Although your body produces collagen — in fact, it’s your most abundant protein — you can take it as a pill or powder to support your health.
When it comes to supplementation, Perfect Keto Collagen is one of the best products designed to meet your collagen needs. After trying it, we decided to write this review to share our thoughts. Who is it for? What are the pros and cons of this product? How do you use it? Here’s everything you need to know.
What is Perfect Keto Collagen?
Perfect Keto Collagen is a delicious collagen supplement that comes in powder form. Mix it with hot water or coffee for your daily beverage or add it as an ingredient to any dessert.
What makes this collagen unique is that it’s specifically designed for those on a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic diet who are conscious about quality. Yet, you don’t have to be keto to use Perfect Keto Collagen.
It contains grass-fed collagen (which is of higher quality than other collagen sources), is dairy-free, gluten-free, and contains no artificial sweeteners. This makes Perfect Keto Collagen suitable for anyone who wants to look good and feel their best.
Depending on the flavor, each serving of Perfect Keto Collagen powder provides:
- Serving size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 70-90
- Net carbs: 1 to less than 2 grams
- Fat: 3.5 to 4 grams
- Protein: 9-10 grams
This collagen power is a great choice for those who would love a satisfying protein drink. Not only is it high in protein and low in carbs (to avoid raising your blood sugar and filling your glycogen stores) but it’s also low in calories.
The macronutrient profile of this product is somewhat similar to a serving of whey protein isolate powder, except that it has less protein than whey. Unlike whey protein, which is a byproduct of cheesemaking, the 9-10 grams of protein in this collagen powder comes from bovine hydrolyzed collagen.
We think that Perfect Keto Collagen is especially useful if you’re strict about keeping your carbs as low as possible or are following a calorie-deficit plan (if not on keto).
Regarding flavor, we got their Chocolate-flavored collagen. I find it to be a great replacement for traditional hot chocolate. Plus, it has just the right level of sweetness from stevia extract.
If you tried Perfect Keto’s Chocolate Keto Nootropic, I would say they taste similar except that the nootropic has a weird aftertaste (probably because it contains a mixture of herbs and exogenous ketones).
Not a fan of chocolate? You might like their other flavors:
Those who drink coffee may use Vanilla or Unflavored as a creamer. Either flavor will make your coffee collagen-rich and creamy without kicking you out of ketosis.
Perfect Keto doesn’t only do a great job with their macros, but they also make sure your carbs, fat, and protein come from the best possible ingredients. Here’s the ingredients list for each collagen powder flavor:
- Chocolate: Grass-fed hydrolyzed bovine collagen, medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), cocoa powder processed with alkali, sodium chloride, stevia leaf extract, gum acacia
- Vanilla: Grass-fed hydrolyzed bovine collagen, medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), natural flavor, stevia leaf extract, gum acacia
- Salted Caramel: Grass-fed hydrolyzed bovine collagen, medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), natural flavor, sea salt, stevia leaf extract, gum acacia
- Strawberry: Grass-fed hydrolyzed bovine collagen, medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), sea salt, coconut cream powder, natural flavors, gum acacia, stevia leaf extract, beet juice (for color)
- Peanut Butter: Grass-fed hydrolyzed bovine collagen, medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), peanut flour, coconut cream powder, sea salt, natural flavors, gum acacia, stevia leaf extract
- Unflavored: Grass-fed hydrolyzed bovine collagen, medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), gum acacia
While not specified on the product label, Perfect Keto extracted their collagen from cowhide, which is the skin of a cow. This makes Perfect Keto Collagen dairy-free and good for people with lactose intolerance.
This means you can enjoy the benefits of collagen, such as fewer wrinkles, firmer skin, less joint pain, stronger bones, and more — without experiencing bloating and other digestive issues. Although it has medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) oil which carries a risk of causing diarrhea, we didn’t get this issue.
What We Like
It’s only our fourth day of taking Perfect Keto Collagen but we’ve already noted a couple of things we like about the product:
- Taste is a big one. Chocolate drinks are typically high in carbs, which makes this collagen drink a delicious (and healthy) alternative to milk chocolate. It has the right sweetness level in our opinion, but if you want it to be a little sweeter without raising its carb content, we recommend adding a few drops of stevia.
- Fast dissolving. We haven’t tried this collagen powder with cold water, but it dissolves pretty quickly in hot water.
- 10 grams of collagen in one serving. Before Perfect Keto Collagen, I took GNC Women’s Collagen which had only 1 gram of collagen per caplet. That meant I had to take 10 caplets to get 10 grams of collagen, which Perfect Keto provides in just one serving. Even better, you also get a small amount of energy-boosting MCTs with Perfect Keto.
What We Don’t Like
There is nothing we would change about this product, except that we would appreciate it if Perfect Keto had a capsule or pill version of their collagen. This would be great for those who are traveling or don’t have time to make themselves a collagen drink.
How and When to Use Perfect Keto Collagen
This collagen powder can be taken whenever and however you’d like as long as you have water (cold or hot) and a mug (or a shaker bottle if you’re on the go). According to Perfect Keto, have it in the morning or evening, as a workout drink, or as a dessert if you’re having sweet cravings.
From our experience, we drink Perfect Keto Collagen whenever we crave hot chocolate. Sometimes we forget that this is an actual beauty and health supplement simply because it doesn’t taste like one.
Also, Perfect Keto suggests recipes in which their collagen powder may be used — for instance, keto ice cream and parmesan chicken wings (applies to unflavored collagen only).
Perfect Keto Collagen Alternatives
Looking for other collagen powder supplements that also fit a ketogenic lifestyle? Try these:
- Vital Proteins Beauty Collagen: 15 grams of collagen per 2 scoops
- Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein: 20 grams of collagen per 2 scoops
- Neocell Super Collagen Powder: 10 grams of collagen per 2 scoops
Final Thoughts on Perfect Keto Collagen
Overall, Perfect Keto Collagen is a delicious way to boost your skin, hair, joints, and other benefits of collagen without causing digestive issues. It’s dairy-free, low-calorie, low-carb, and packs 10 grams of grass-fed bovine collagen in just one serving.
As a final note, keep in mind that collagen supplements are not a replacement for a diet that includes various protein sources, such as meat, poultry, eggs, seafood, and nuts. Rather, use them as an addition to your current lifestyle.
Take Perfect Keto Collagen daily or whenever you’re in the mood for a chocolatey (or depending on your preferred flavor) collagen boost. Always speak with a healthcare professional if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking Perfect Keto Collagen.