Take your first meal of the day to the next level with this keto-friendly ground beef omelette. One serving has only 3.8g total carbs.
Total Carbs: 3.8g | Total Fat: 11g | Protein: 16.7g
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Serving: 2
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup ground beef
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Salt (to taste)
- Prepare all of the ingredients. Chop the red onion into small pieces.
- Preheat a non-stick pan. (Note: You can use butter or a keto-friendly oil such as coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.)
- Saute the onions, then add ground beef. Using a spatula, break up the ground beef into smaller pieces. Add salt. Continue cooking for 10 minutes until browned.
- Transfer the cooked beef to a clean bowl or plate. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add salt, then briskly beat using a fork for a few seconds.
- Pour the egg mixture into a preheated non-stick pan. Feel free to use the same pan used for cooking the ground beef earlier.
- Let the egg mixture set. Then add the cooked ground beef to one side. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the beef. Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Lift the other side of the omelette to the filled side.
- Now, transfer the ground beef omelette to a clean plate.
- Optional: Garnish the omelette with spring onions.
- Serve warm.
What meat can go in a keto-friendly omelette?
If you need ground beef alternatives, you can use chorizo, ham, or sausage sliced into thin pieces. Please check the carb count and sugar content of these cured meats before buying.
How many carbs are in this keto omelette?
One serving has 3.8 grams of total carbs. Adding other ingredients not on the list will increase the number of carbs.
Can I store and reheat this keto omelette?
Yes, you can! This ground beef omelette can be a nice make-ahead meal. To store omelette, wrap it tightly in an airtight bag or container. To reheat, place it in the microwave for 2 minutes or the oven for 10 minutes.
How can I make this omelette meat-free?
It’s simple – instead of ground beef, use mushrooms, baby spinach, and tomatoes. This will be a delicious combination for plant-based keto dieters.