Start your day right with these breakfast egg cups. Whether you love deli or veggies, choose from 3 keto-friendly options. They’re all easy to make.
Total Carbs: 1.33g | Total Fat: 8.1g | Protein: 9g
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serving: 9
- 7 large eggs
- 2 pcs bacon beef or pork
- 3 slices salami
- 3 pcs spinach leaves
- 9 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare all the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the meat and veggies and cook each one of them. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs then add salt.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour the egg mixture into 9 muffin tin holes halfway. Do not fill them completely.
- Place the chopped spinach into 3 holes. Do the same for the chopped bacon and salami.
- Drop a tablespoon of the shredded cheese into each hole.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Wait for a few minutes before taking out the egg cups out of the muffin tin. Use a butter knife to loosen the egg cups so they’ll easily come off.
- Transfer them to a plate. Serve warm!
How will I reheat these egg cups if I prepare them ahead of time?
First of all, store them in the fridge or freezer inside an airtight container. If you keep them in the freezer, thaw them first. Reheat them in the microwave oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
How long will they last in the fridge?
They should last up to 3 days. If stored in the freezer, they will last up to 7 days. Some sources say that they’re still good up to 2 months but I have not tried that yet. I only make these egg cups for a week’s supply.
What other keto-friendly ingredients can I use to make egg cups?
Plenty. You can add small amounts of chopped onions, heavy cream (this will make fluffier egg cups), milk, tomatoes, broccoli, or paprika. Use whatever you like to make these egg cups more filling/exciting. Personally, I prefer keeping ingredients to a minimum as a strict ketoer and ketovore.