Impress yourself or your guests with this keto-friendly meaty appetizer. Make these bacon wrapped chicken bites right now!
We’re always trying to come up with recipes that make the keto lifestyle both easy and enjoyable. As a busy ketoer myself, I understand that some low-carb side dishes require a ton of ingredients and a long list of steps. Regardless, I would never sacrifice health by eating fast food.
So, I dedicate this no-fuss recipe to anyone who needs it at this very moment. You can prepare it for yourself or the whole family. Got guests coming over? They’re going to love these bites.
This is one of my favorites on keto. On top of the fact that it’s convenient to make, it’s also meat-based. I personally thrive on a meat-based diet. It doesn’t give me tummy troubles, and meat itself is so delicious (even when they’re seasoned with just salt and pepper).
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
There are only 4 ingredients needed for this recipe. Prepare pork bacon (you can also use beef if you like), chicken breast, salt and pepper mix, and cheese which is optional. Also, prepare some toothpicks for securing the bacon and chicken together.
First, I took out the bacon and chicken breast from the freezer and let them thaw. Then I cut the chicken breast into bite-sized cubes as well as the bacon into shorter strips, making sure that each strip can wrap each chicken cube.
Season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper mix. Wrap each cube in bacon. Finally, secure with a toothpick. Arrange the bacon wrapped chicken bites on a tray or Pyrex dish and place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until they’re cooked.
Once cooked, top the bites with cheese or garnish with parsley!
You can see in the image below that I’ve used a Pyrex dish. I would also like to point out that I made a mistake in putting cheese on the bites before cooking. As a result, I got burnt cheese. Not good. (Ignore the cheese in the image!)
So, please make sure to add cheese only after the meat has cooked.
Ingredients used for bacon wrapped chicken bites:
- Pork or beef bacon – Not only is bacon keto-friendly, but it is also full of high-quality protein and B vitamins, selenium, and phosphorus. Such nutrients support healthy brain function, nerve function, and muscle contraction. For this recipe, I used pork bacon. But you can have beef bacon instead if you don’t eat pork.
- Chicken breast – Chicken breast is a source of lean protein. Highly versatile, this meat can be cooked in many different ways. To be honest, I came up with this fun side dish while figuring out how to make use of the remaining chicken breasts in the freezer!
- Cheese (optional) – Cheddar cheese is delicious and will add a kick to this side dish. Cheese is high in fat and protein while being very low in carbohydrates. This is a wonderful option for you if you’re not avoiding dairy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makes this side dish healthy? The fact that it does not use ingredients that unnecessarily adds carbohydrates and sugars to your diet. Some bacon wrapped chicken bite recipes include honey or brown sugar to add sweetness to the meat, but can easily kick you out of ketosis.
2. Can I eat this on a keto carnivore diet? Yes you can. If you’re on a strict carnivore diet, please feel free to season the chicken with salt only.
3. What bacon do you recommend? On a clean keto diet, it’s best to consume bacon that does not contain added sugars. Pederson’s Farms Uncured No Sugar Added bacon is a good option. You can also have Jones Dairy Farm No Sugar bacon.
4. What can you serve with bacon wrapped chicken bites? This goes well with lemonade or another cold keto-friendly drink. Other tasty side dishes that pair with these include zucchini chips, roasted broccoli, and keto french fries.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 10 oz boneless chicken breasts
- 5 oz bacon trimmed into shorter strips
- Salt and pepper mix for seasoning
- Cheese (optional, for topping)
- Prepare all the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized cubes. Season them with the salt and pepper mix.
- Cut the bacon into shorter strips and wrap each strip around a cubed chicken breast.
- Secure the bacon and chicken with a toothpick. Then arrange them on a baking dish.
- Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat is well-cooked.
- Top each bacon wrapped chicken bite with cheese.
- Serve with mayonnaise or homemade ranch dip if desired!
- Total carbs: 0.4g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Total fat: 13.3g
- Protein: 22.5g
- Sodium: 684mg