Ketogenic Buddies’ no-bake chocolate energy balls are best consumed around your workout times. They’re tasty and easy to make!
Total Carbs: 11.6g | Total Fat: 2g | Protein: 3.33g
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 75 minutes | Serving: 2
- 250g instant oats
- 60g protein powder (cookies and cream or chocolate flavor)
- 60 ml espresso coffee (or 2 shots)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 15 ml MCT or coconut oil (or 1 tablespoon)
- Add the instant oats in a blender or food processor. Blend until they achieve a powder-like consistency.
- Add in the desiccated coconut. Blend again.
- Add in the protein powder, followed by the coffee shots, maple syrup, and MCT oil. Blend.
- Transfer the blended mixture into a separate container.
- Scoop out a mixture and roll into a small ball using your hands.
- Coat each ball with desiccated coconut.
- Place in the fridge for an hour before eating.
Will these energy balls kick me out of ketosis?
Technically speaking, consuming carbs will bring your ketone levels down and possibly kick you out of ketosis. The good news is that working out gets you back into ketosis since it depletes your stored glycogen.
How many energy balls can I make?
For this recipe, you can make 18 small energy balls.
How many energy balls can I eat?
Have 2 to 4 balls before your workout. 4 balls will give you about 45 grams of total carbs.
Can I make these energy balls ahead of time?
Yes! We recommend making them ahead of time for the entire week.
How long will they last in the fridge?
When properly sealed in a Ziploc bag, it will last for up to one week. To make them last longer, keep them in the freezer.