This low-carb version of Zuppa Toscana tastes as good as the classic version. Only this time, it’s super keto-friendly.
Total Carbs: 7.1g | Total Fat: 21.8g | Protein: 27.2g
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 21 minutes | Serving: 2
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup spinach (leaves only)
- 1 pc italian sausage (cut into pieces)
- 50g bacon
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 pc clove garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Cut the sausage and bacon into pieces. Fry separately in olive oil until brown. Set aside.
- Prepare diced onions and minced garlic. Saute them in olive oil in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth.
- Add in the cauliflower florets, bacon, and sausage. Let everything boil for 5 minutes.
- When boiled, lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream. Stir thoroughly until the soup looks creamy overall.
- Add the spinach leaves. Then cover the saucepan for 5 to 7 minutes.
I don’t have spinach. What can I use instead?
You can use kale or bok choy. These are all low-carb veggies.
How do I make vegan Zuppa Toscana?
Skip the sausage and bacon, and use mushrooms instead. For the cream, replace it with full-fat coconut or almond milk. Opt for veggie stock instead of chicken broth.
How do I make this recipe dairy-free?
Simple. Use full-fat coconut or unsweetened almond milk!
Can I top it with cheese?
Sure, you can! Shredded parmesan cheese is a great choice.
How long does this recipe last in the refrigerator?
When placed in a sealed container, it will last for up to 4 days max.