These low-carb stuffed peppers with ground beef are so full of goodness. In just 45 minutes, you’ll get to enjoy a satisfying meal.
Total Carbs: 11.6g | Total Fat: 5.7g | Protein: 14.2g
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serving: 3
- 100g of ground beef
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Heat coconut oil or avocado oil in a frying pan.
- Then add the ground beef, followed by the rest of the chopped herbs and spices.
- While waiting for it to cook, preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Slice off the top of each bell pepper then remove the seeds inside
- Fill the hollow bell peppers with the cooked ground beef mixture.
- Once filled, top them with shredded cheddar cheese. Then place the bell peppers on a baking tray and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Feel free to top the dish with parsley (optional).
- 9. Serve!
Are bell peppers keto?
Yes. Bell peppers are one of the best low-carb vegetables to eat on keto. In addition, bell peppers contain nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, and potassium.
How many calories are in stuffed bell peppers?
One serving of this recipe (one beef-stuffed bell pepper) provides 150 calories.
How long do bell peppers take to soften in the oven?
These peppers soften within 30 minutes. Some people boil their peppers before stuffing them, but for this recipe, I found that simply putting them in the oven makes them deliciously soft (but not too soft).