Looking for the perfect low-carb diet treat? Our keto strawberries and cream dessert is so simple to make with only 4 ingredients. Try it.
Total Carbs: 5.3g | Total Fat: 14.4g | Protein: 1.4g
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Serving: 3
- 7 pcs strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- ½ tsp teaspoon cacao nibs or crushed/shaved dark chocolate for garnish
Stevia packet (Optional)
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- If you’ll be using frozen strawberries, thaw or defrost them.
- Slice the strawberries using a paring knife according to your desired thickness. Then place the slices at the bottom of a small glass.
- Take out the heavy cream or whipping cream from the fridge. Whip it until soft peaks form. (Make sure to add the sweetener midway, when the cream thickens up.)
- Add the cream to the glass and top with remaining sliced or whole strawberries. Top with crushed/shaved dark chocolate or cacao nibs.
- Eat and enjoy.
What other berries can I use?
Feel free to use blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries. In fact, you can combine them with strawberries if you like. However, note that this will increase or decrease the number of carbs depending on what you choose.
Can this be a make-ahead dessert?
Yes! If you’re throwing a party or small gathering, you can make keto strawberries and cream hours before the event. Just keep them in the fridge. The cold temperature will firm up the cream.
I’m allergic to dairy. Is there a substitute for heavy cream?
Use coconut cream. It will still thicken when whipped but it won’t be as firm as heavy cream. However, it’s a great and healthy dairy-free alternative.