Keep your carb intake low while boosting your fat and protein with these amazingly delicious keto pork chops.
Are you a meat lover? I am.
One of the things I enjoy about the keto diet is that I don’t feel deprived at all. I’m allowed to eat different varieties of meat which helps me stay full.
A dish such as baked pork chops will be an excellent addition to your keto menu. Not to mention, pork is a source of several vitamins and minerals: Vitamin B12, B6, zinc, iron, and phosphorus.
These keto pork chops are so easy to make! You’ll only need a total of 30 minutes and a few ingredients. You’ll be surprised: A serving (1 chop) contains less than 1 gram of net carbs. Yep, you read that correctly. See the macros in the NOTES section at the bottom of this recipe.
For this recipe, I’ve used boneless pork chops and removed the fat. However, you can also buy bone-in pork chops if you like. Your preference!
How to Make Garlic Butter Baked Keto Pork Chops
To be completely honest, I find this recipe beginner-friendly. My first attempt was successful. As long as you follow the steps, you’ll do well.
There are two ingredients on the list below that allow you to choose between dried and fresh versions: Rosemary and garlic. I’ve used fresh just because I like their original distinct flavor. But that’s not a reason to keep away from dried herbs!
Dried versions come in handy if you want readily accessible ingredients. Value is another important point. They’re cheaper long-term. Just keep in mind that dried herbs and spices have a stronger concentrated flavor than their fresh counterparts. So you’ll need to reduce their amount in your dish.
To make these keto-friendly pork chops, prepare the following ingredients:
- Pork chops – Boneless pork chops are tender and quick to cook. Overcooking them will dry them out, so be careful. Pan sear them for only 4 minutes max per side using olive oil or palm oil.
- Rosemary – Wash fresh rosemary and pat it dry before cutting it into small pieces. For convenience, I recommend snipping the leaves to your desired size using kitchen scissors.
- Garlic – Garlic is highly nutritious, contains medicinal properties, and is also keto-friendly! It goes perfectly well with butter for a delicious, fragrant sauce/marinade.
- Butter – A staple on keto, butter is high-fat, high-calorie, and contains high amounts of vitamin A. You have the option to use salted or unsalted butter. I used salted butter for that extra sodium which is beneficial for keto. They say that salted butter also lasts longer.
- Salt and pepper – We use salt and pepper only for seasoning uncooked pork chops at the beginning of the prep process. You might want to reduce the amount of salt if you’re going to use salted butter.
First, prepare all the ingredients. Chop the rosemary and garlic and set them aside. Take out the butter from the fridge, place it in a microwave-safe dish, and heat it in the microwave for about 45 seconds until it melts.
In a separate bowl, mix the garlic, rosemary, and melted butter together. Set aside.
Get the pork chops and season them with salt and pepper. You can use regular table salt or, or peppercorns with sea salt, or opt for pink Himalayan salt, to get extra minerals in your diet.
Next, pan sear the chops for about 4 minutes until browned. In a clean baking dish, brush them with your garlic, rosemary, and butter mixture. Leave them for a few minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Finally, bake the chops in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve them alone or with a side dish!
Keto Pork Chops FAQs
1. Can I use bone-in pork chops? Of course, you can! Just take note that pork with bone usually cooks faster since bone conducts heat. Meanwhile, boneless pork chops tend to be leaner.
2. What else can I season these pork chops with? Although I haven’t tried it yet, Italian seasoning is worth a shot. It’ll give your keto pork chops an earthy flavor.
3. I don’t have rosemary. What can I use instead? Dried parsley can be an alternative. But rosemary is still the best option for its aroma.
4. What do I serve with keto pork chops? You’ve got plenty of options! Steamed broccoli, cauliflower rice, a simple lettuce salad, or green beans.
Garlic Butter Baked Keto Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (or ½ tablespoon dried)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup salted or unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a mixture of chopped garlic, rosemary, and melted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Sear the seasoned pork chops over medium heat on both sides for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the pork chops to a baking dish and coat all sides with the garlic, rosemary, and butter mixture.
- Bake the pork chops in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Calories: 398
- Total carbohydrates: 1.4g
- Dietary fiber: 0.5g
- Total sugars: 0g
- Total fat: 35.4g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Sodium: 166mg