Traditional cloud bread has sugar and lots of carbs. Our keto cloud bread has none and with only less than 1g total carbs per piece. Try it now.
Total Carbs: 0.2g | Total Fat: 2.4g | Protein: 1.9g
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Serving: 10
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare all the ingredients. The eggs should be at room temperature and cream cheese should be softened.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Crack open the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Place each of them in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of cream cheese to the egg yolks. Mix them using a hand mixer at high speed. Mix until well-combined.
- Add the cream of tartar and salt to the egg whites. Mix them using a hand mixer at high speed. Do this until stiff peaks form. It should take you about 12 minutes.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture. Carefully fold in the egg yolk mixture using a spatula or spoon.
- Take a small mixture of the cloud bread and place it on a lined or greased baking tray. You should be able to scoop out 10 mixtures for 10 pieces of cloud bread.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Let the cloud bread cool down for a few minutes before removing them from the tray. If you do it too soon, the cloud bread might break apart.
What are ways to enjoy this keto-friendly cloud bread?
Personally, I like spreading some cream cheese on cloud bread for extra creaminess. But you can use it as a sandwich bread for chicken and tuna salad sandwiches. Spreading keto strawberry jam on top is another delicious treat.
How do I store leftover cloud bread?
After baking, let your keto cloud bread cool first. Then store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last for 5 days. Make sure to keep each cloud bread apart using a parchment paper to prevent them from sticking together.
Can I use keto-friendly toppings on cloud bread?
Yes, you may. Try any one of these toppings: Sugar-free strawberry jam, Italian herbs, or a blend of tuna and mayonnaise.
Can I make dairy-free egg bread?
Sure. Just don’t use the cream cheese!
Why is my keto oopsie bread flat?
You need more time to mix the egg whites to form stiff peaks. The mixture should look like clouds and won’t flatten out when you fold in the egg yolk mixture.