Looking for an easy 20-minute keto fat bomb recipe? Delight your senses with these no bake chocolate and peanut butter flavored bombs.
Total Carbs: 6g | Total Fat: 16g | Protein: 5g
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Serving: 5
- 90g dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp low-carb peanut butter
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Cut the chocolate bar into small pieces and place them in a small pan.
- Add MCT oil to the pan.
- Heat the mixture over low heat while stirring continuously until melted.
- Transfer the liquid mixture into a cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners. The chocolate mixture should be able to fill 5 holes.
- Let the mixture harden by freezing it for a few minutes.
- Take out the peanut butter and place it in a small pan.
- Heat it while stirring until melted.
- Transfer the peanut butter mixture into the cupcake tin, over the hardened chocolate mixture.
- Place the cupcake tin in the freezer again until the mixture hardens.
- Take out a fat bomb, remove the cupcake liner, and enjoy!
What is a fat bomb?
Fat bombs, as the term implies, are small, roundish snacks that are made mostly of fat. They contain only a small number of carbs and protein. Any ingredient that’s known to be fat-filled can be used to make fat bombs. Popular examples are peanut butter, coconut oil, MCT oil, butter, dark chocolate, and more.
What do these fat bombs taste like?
Good question! They’re a combination of nutty and coffee-like (due to the strong cocoa content). It doesn’t have the traditional sweetness of chocolate that one would normally expect. Personally, I love the taste as I’m also making an effort to stop my sweet cravings. If you have the same goal, this 3-ingredient fat bomb recipe would be perfect.
What else can I add to this fat bomb recipe?
To sweeten this recipe, I would recommend adding a few drops of liquid stevia (to taste) to the chocolate mixture.
How do I store these fat bombs?
Make these fat bombs last longer by storing them in a freezer-safe plastic bag in the freezer. They should last 1 to 3 months. Keep each fat bomb apart and don’t stack them to prevent sticking.
When should I eat a fat bomb?
Fat bombs can be eaten around your workout times (before or after a workout), as a snack, quick breakfast, or whenever you need a boost in energy.
What are the benefits of eating fat bombs?
Fat is a satiating macronutrient, therefore, fat bombs help you feel fuller for longer. Fat bombs also help you meet your fat macros, provide energy, and support your fitness.